Saturday, June 25, 2016

Paralyzed, Attacked, and Suffocated




Two of my severe Rem Sleep associated narcolepsy symptoms are the most confusing, terror filled nightmares come to life and Sleep Paralysis. Still, when I fully 'awaken' or get out of the life gripping hold of sleep paralysis,I have learned to is never underestimate the destruction and problems Full Tetrad narcolepsy entails.Even on my medications to control cataplexy, sleep paralysis, and hypnagogic Hallucinations, my boughts of conscious paralysis and dreaming nightmares come to life in a limbo purgatory between sleep and wakefulness. I collapsed into bed right after taking my first dose of Xyrem at midnight last night when my eyes were closed and dreaming, but I could feel my bed hear sounds of the fan. Unable to move and barely make a peep, I was running for my life in my very realistic nightmare full of twists and turns like Mission Impossible.



Often my hypnagogic hallucinations/realistic half awake dreams last an hour or so, personally leaving me very confused as to which world is real... or are they both real(dream vs. reality). I felt the fear of getting caught by a menacing predator meaning me great harm. I was running fast, violently ... when at 3 am Friday I was awakened very suddenly while being hotly pursued by my enemies by a feeling of being thrown or falling from 5 ft directly onto my left knee exploding in tear jerking pain and a garbage bag being thrown over my head (to suffocate me). 








Coming to terms as to what was real vs. hypnagogic hallucinations/nightmares crying in the real pain of waking up falling out of bed onto my left knee. Kerry helped remove my bedside trash receptacle from my head, and assured me I wasn't in real danger. The pain in my knee was too much to stand on at first, so I fell asleep with the lights on on the floor for an hour, then took some Effexor and Xyrem, and finally got a little bit of restorative sleep for about 3 hours. I awoke to Savannah wanting breakfast and love.

Really experiencing fear, injured knee, and having a real trash bag thrown on your head, seriously would scare anyone, and in combination with a serious sleeping disorder which blurs reality and the nightmare/dream realms, understandably would strike fear into the minds and hearts of the toughest of humanity.

What are your most horrifying experiences with Sleep Paralysis, Hypnagogic Hallucinations, and/or Nightmares/Terrors? How did/do you cope and make peace with such an enigmatic autoimmune neurological disease (Narcolepsy)?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How has your experience differed from mine? How does your opinion differ, remain the same?